Friday, September 2, 2011

Living on, on dreams and spaghetti-o's

So this week was the start of a new school year. I am three years away from graduating. I know what all of you are thinking, you have been going to school for FOREVER! Why aren't you done yet? Well no one knows this fact better then I do. I changed my major a few different times and I might have played a little more than I should have. BUT non the less, here I am, determined to graduate! This week has been a little stressful trying to get everything organized for school. It started off with 9am church which I was dreading. . . until I got to come home after and took a nap. I think I can like this 9am church business. Monday morning I went to the dentist and I didn't have any cavities or anything! Have I mentioned I LOVE going to the dentist?!? I love the feeling of getting my teeth cleaned and my dentist is hilarious! He is like in his late 20's (or so he acts, I don't know for sure) and is so funny. My good friend Stacy assists him and it's always fun to be there.

I then went to work, and then went for riding lessons. Riding lessons were not as eventful, but they were still good. No one got thrown or jumped off their horse which is a good thing. I rode Macy bare back in a field by myself and it was awesome! She is a lot easier to maneuver when she is by herself. We rode for a about an hour and then I had to head off to class. Yuck!

It is my math class I have from 8-10pm Mondays and Wednesdays. I get to class and my teacher sounds Scandinavian or something. He has a really heavy accent which is hard to get past, but he is funny. Some things he does is hilarious. :D My math assignments will all be done online which is hard because you have to have everything perfect. It changes whether you need it in a fraction or decimals and when you have a teacher grading it, he can grade it either way. ANYWAY, that is my math class that should be interesting.

Tuesday's and Thursdays I have English in the Aggie Ice Cream building at 9am until 10:15am. I have to get clear across campus to the institute building by 10:30am! I am trying so hard to book it! So far I have done well to get there barely on time. My English class will be fun but hard work. There are a lot of fun people in that class and our teacher is like 26 and she is so fun! My institute class is about parables. That should be good. I am not too good at those and don't know enough about them so this class should be entertaining and informational.

One thing that I realized this week is the different kinds of music you get to listen to on the bus. I am a people watcher. So every bus driver has a different station they like to listen too. This one lady always wears wranglers and boots. She listens to country which is very appropriate and a great way to end my crazy Tues/Thurs school days. This cute old man listens to Lawrence welk kind of music. . . you know. . . the "goodnight, sleep tight, until we meet again. . ." It made me happy/want to fall asleep. This other driver that I had had long un-kept hair and a hat. He looked like he would love the classical rock Def Leopard goodness. . . ALAS! He was listening to the early 1990's Sleepless in Seattle love/elevator music. It is so funny how some people you peg a certain way turn out to be completely the opposite!!!

Now that it is the weekend, I survived school, and didn't drink one Dr. Pepper all week, I think it is time for me to treat myself to a long weekend and maybe a Dr. Pepper or two! More funny stories about the weekend and future school madness to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment