Thursday, August 25, 2011
Wild horses keep draggin' me away
Bwaha! I realize that I talk a lot about riding, but it is something exciting in my life! So riding last night. . . oh man it was so stinking funny!!! So we got a late start and got up to the field right before the sun went down. We caught Macy and Jakey (Justin's other Clydesdale). He saddled up Jakey and told me that he wasn't broke. Oh good! Luckily I wasn't riding him, but Macy would jump when Jakey would jump. So Justin got Jakey saddled up and I got on Macy bareback. We walked out to the field and tried to get Justin on Jakey. It was about a half hour in and Jakey finally let Justin put his foot in the stirrup and stand on the one side. As Justin tried to put his leg over the top of Jakey, Jakey started to buck. I see Justin fly and get the wind knocked out of him. Jakey started bucking away and naturally Macy followed after. Ok visualize this. . . I am on a huge Clydesdale without a saddle or Bridle. The only thing I have is a halter. . . and we're trotting. . . and I had been holding on with my legs on this huge horse for over a half hour! We get half way through the field and I hear Justin say, turn her in a circle. YA RIGHT! She is the most stubborn horse I have ever been on! I can't turn her even when we are walking in a little corral. So I was contemplating what to do because this horse was not stopping. I thought to myself, ok I am going to have to jump because my legs are no longer able to hold on very well. (yes my legs are out of shape. you try it! ;)) So I logically thought about all the ways I could gracefully get off this horse. So I got off like how I would with a saddle and then once i was almost off I would push off against her so I wouldn't fall underneath her. Ok. . . Ready. . . Set. . . GO! And I did it with such grace! (or so I thought) Once I got off I caught my breath and saw Justin trying to run to me, limping and holding his ribs. He asked me if I was ok and I was like, I am going to kick your butt! We both start laughing. He said that I got off like super man. WHAT?! I thought I did a great job at it! He was like you totally looked like superman! Oh man! Well what does he know? He was at the other end of the field trying to make sure he didn't break anything. ;) So we walk back to the truck and put Jakey away. I got back on Macy and we walked around for a little bit longer. The rest of the time was great. We just chatted, laughed, and saw deer in the field. I was going to take pictures but the late start and the prior events made me not want to pull out the camera. I was exhausted! That is the story of riding! Haha. I could do without one of those lessons for a while. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment