(much to my dad's enjoyment) After all the that, I found out that the weather was supposed to be HORRIBLE! Like winds up to 80 mph and whiteout conditions. I reluctantly decided that we should all just stay home. (I was a little depressed about it because not only did I want to go to SLC but I now was stuck with a mini van for no good reason. Yes I already am having withdrawals from my truck)
So to make the best of it, and the only thing I could think of to lift my spirits, was to go and do donuts in the mini van. I have so many fond memories of doing donuts in the van. When we lived in Logan the second time, my dad and I would get up early, go get betos for breakfast, and on the way home, we would do a few donuts in the church parking lot. When I was old enough to drive, my dad taught me how to do donuts in the church parking lot during one of our family Christmas parties. (I freaked some of my aunts out because they thought that I was loosing control. ha! When do I ever loose control of anything. . . ;) )
Because I haven't done donuts for a long time in the van, I had to call my dad for a little instruction. Of course it was totally hypothetical. I told him, "Well, in a hypothetical situation, how would one accomplish the task of doing donuts in say. . . a mini van? Hypothetically, the driver was once taught said task, but could no longer recall the process." My dad was a good sport and played along. He said, "Well, hypothetically . . . " and preceded to tell me what one would do in this hypothetical situation. After telling me everything that I needed to know, my dad said, "Have fun! and DON'T WRECK IT!" That is why I love my dad. He let's me embrace my redneck Seyfried side.
So we all piled in the van and drove around town to find a good spot for a little bit of redneck fun. Luckily we had a country boy from Soda in the van so he was able to tell me how to improve my mad skills of donut making. We did quite a few for a good long while and loved every second of it. Of course we had to have Jason Aldean blaring! Especially his song "She's Country" Baha! Needless to say, I am very proud of my redneck side.

No comments:
Post a Comment