So today is the dreaded single awareness day. . . I mean Valentines day!!! I never did like Valentines day (and no it is not because I have been single all my life) but because I felt everything was superficial. Let me explain. Last night I had to run to Walmart. . . I will never do that again. It was SO crowded. It was full of men standing in line with flowers, chocolates, and $1 cards that will all be thrown away. I don't like the fact that affection is forced upon everyone on this day. I would rather have someone surprise me and get me flowers on a day that I wasn't expecting it, just because they wanted to let me know how much they love me and appreciate what I do to make their life better. When I do find someone I fully intend to do things like that. Because I want to, not because I was forced to by the card company.
On that note, I am excited to surround myself tonight with some of the craziest, funnest, handsomest (I don't think that is a real word) boys I know. The Jensen boys who are 12, 9, 5, and 3! Stacy is going to come over and we are going to make sugar cookies and watch. . . probably Spider Man. HAPPY SINGLE'S AWARENESS DAY!!!

PS. I loved this picture so much, I had to post it.

No comments:
Post a Comment