Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What happens in Panama...

I feel that enough time has lapsed to tell this story.  One night (Monday) I dragged Carley to keep me company while I cleaned Max's stall.  We were having a normal night, her studying for finals-me head to toe in horse crap... normal.  As we were driving home, we decided we needed to go to Sally's and Walmart.  I looked over while we were driving down main street and saw a silver car next to us with a white button up shirt stuck in the passenger side door.  I started laughing hysterically and pointed it out to Carley.

As we went our separate ways, the silver car and us,  we stopped at Sally's not thinking about what just happened.  Carley ran into Sally's while I stayed in the truck smelling like horse and jamming to some good country tunes.  All of a sudden I see this silver car drive past and wave at me.  Now my uncle and aunt just got a new vehicle which happens to be silver.  I thought that it was Cameron waving to me... I was wrong.  The silver car pulled into the parking spot next to me.  I looked down as he pulled in and I noticed the white button up shirt in the door.  I started to panic, worrying that this guy was going to yell at me because I laughed at him.  He rolled down the window, said hi, and asked me what my name was.  I reluctantly told him my name and what I was doing in school.  Then there was awkward silence... cricket, cricket... So I decided to ask him about himself.  His name was (I butcher this ALL the time) Eldado... he is from Panama and came up here for school and work.  He then abruptly asked me what I was doing that weekend.  I was caught off guard and frankly a little creeped out.  I tried to quickly come up with an excuse as to why I had a busy weekend.  Studying and packing came quickly to my mind and even quicker out of my mouth.  He excitedly asked if I needed some help moving and that he would be more than willing to help.  In my mind, I thought...um I don't want you to know where I live...so I said thanks but no thanks.  He continued to surprise me when he said, "I am trying to ask you out on a date and you are rejecting me."  I was like, who are you?!?  Should I be creeped out? Flattered?  Both?  And then I remembered the multiple conversations that I have had with many guys.  Why do girls reject guys when they put themselves so far out there to ask a girl out?  I instantly felt bad and gave him my number and told him to call me again some time.  He was so excited and put my number in his phone.  We said goodbye and he left.  A minute later he called me and left me a message.  Carley came out and I told her, boy do I have a story for you!  I preceded to tell her the whole story as we went to Walmart.  Throughout Walmart, Carley and I listened to the voicemail over and over again and teased about ELDADO.  As we were leaving Walmart I looked over and noticed he was there!!!  I said hi and quickly got to my truck.

The situation was the highlighted topic of conversation throughout the whole week.  Saturday rolls around and I am of course looking ravishing in a t-shirt, dirty jeans, no make up, and messy hair.  As I was walking into the D.I to find cheap good furniture for our new house (that story to come soon), I ran into Eldado!!!  Really?  Again?!?  Soon after, I got two calls from him!  Both of them I didn't answer because I was scared. He asked if I wanted to do something that night and I decided to hang out with him.  However, I didn't want to hang out with him by myself so I called Mike to see if him and Stacy would hang out with us.  So I called Eldado back and invited him over.  I decided that I should dress up a little and maybe put some make up on... erg.

He came over to watch a movie at Stacy's parents house.  Eldado told us that he likes to be called au if we can't say his whole name.  (He of course could say my name perfectly)  We sat down to watch Knight and Day.  He was fun and nice and flirty.  He totally wanted to cuddle but I wouldn't let him.  He went on a mission to Brazil and has a couple of degrees.  One of which is underwater welding.  Awesome.  Stacy did ask him how he met me and he told us why he approached me the way he did.  He said, "Here in Utah, you have to be around a girl 20 times before you can ask them out or you are a creepo.  In Panama, if you see a cute girl on the street, you ask her out and it is perfectly normal."  I was glad he cleared that up.  All in all, I was glad to have that experience AND I was glad to know that he wasn't as creepy and I thought he was.  We will see what the future brings, but regardless, it is a fun story!!!

1 comment:

  1. You know, if his name had a space in it, it would be 'El dado', which means, The die' as in singular for dice. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete