Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Country Boys World

I know you all will be shocked by this but. . . I LOVE THE COWBOY/FARMER LIFESTYLE!!! Wait! Wait! Wait! before you start throwing the cabbage and tomatoes. I understand that there is a lot of work in the cowboy lifestyle. Some of which include taking care of the livestock on a daily basis (sometimes hourly basis), upkeep of the corrals and barns, routine maintenance of farm equipment, working field after field to feed that livestock of yours, and odd and end jobs around the farm. A cowboy gets hot, dirty, sweaty, achy, callused hands, getting bit in the arm by your horse, and kicked in the face by a bull named Pee Wee. Even with all of this to do in a day, he still loves his life, knows the value of work, and takes pleasure in the simple things life brings. One of these simple pleasures I was able to experience for the first time in my life.

I went to riding lessons last night with Justin. I have never EVER seen Justin Bayles ride a horse. I have seen him drive a team of horses or lead horses around, but I have never seen him saddle up and ride. We took two saddles up to the fields and I was very surprised! Of course he wanted to test his limits and told me that he was going to put me on a colt and I laughed at him and said. . . ya right! We caught and saddled up the horses and started riding. I have decided that Macy and I will be friends for a long time. I hope I ride her for most of the rest of my lessons. It was so picturesque! The sun was going down, we were riding horses, (I was on my own horse which I have always wanted). We watched elk walk through the field with the sunset in the background. As we frolicked up and down the hill side, we chatted about this and that, went through ditches (which I am still not very comfortable with), threw apples and leaves at each other. . . it was a blast.

So moral of the story is even if I had all of the work to do during the day, being able to froalick on a hillside with horses would make it all worth while!

No comments:

Post a Comment