Two entries in two days! That must be a record. I thought I'd share a little experience I had yesterday. I am taking horse riding lessons from a good friend, Justin Bayles. He has been wanting to do the balancing lesson for a year now but I wouldn't let him. This lesson entails riding a horse bareback and holding on to nothing! So Justin (being like half my size) says, "ok I'll lift your leg up and you jump with the other leg and shimmy up the horse." HAHA YA RIGHT! But me being the tough person that I am hesitantly said, "o-ok." So he counted to three, I jumped and face planted on the ground! Have I mentioned I am a very graceful person?!? As I am laying on the ground Justin still has a hold of my leg and says, "oh... maybe if I let go of your leg so you can get up." It was pretty stinking funny. So we tried it again. This time it was a lot easier and I got on in one shot. So at this point I am on top of the horse trying to stay on any way I could. This is how I felt..

We took off through the field going through creeks, up and down hills, and over pipes. Justin looked up at me and saw that I was hanging on for dear life and told me that I needed to let go of the horse and hold on with just my legs. As we kept going he told me to put my arms up in the air not even close to the horse! Anyway, eventually time was up and I got off the horse. I now understand why Cowboys walk like this...
Pretty much waddling as they walk away. When I got off the horse, that is how I walked. Needless to say I learned a lot from this lesson. #1 Justin will make you do anything he wants you too. #2 My legs are stronger then I thought. #3 The tiniest movement a horse makes can make you fall off. (I never did, but there were some scary moments) and #4 As much as I hate to admit it, after a good half hour of riding, I was more comfortable, confident, and balanced on the horse. In the near future I could be doing things like this...

We took off through the field going through creeks, up and down hills, and over pipes. Justin looked up at me and saw that I was hanging on for dear life and told me that I needed to let go of the horse and hold on with just my legs. As we kept going he told me to put my arms up in the air not even close to the horse! Anyway, eventually time was up and I got off the horse. I now understand why Cowboys walk like this...

Pretty much waddling as they walk away. When I got off the horse, that is how I walked. Needless to say I learned a lot from this lesson. #1 Justin will make you do anything he wants you too. #2 My legs are stronger then I thought. #3 The tiniest movement a horse makes can make you fall off. (I never did, but there were some scary moments) and #4 As much as I hate to admit it, after a good half hour of riding, I was more comfortable, confident, and balanced on the horse. In the near future I could be doing things like this...

Ok maybe I'll be doing that in the far future!

No comments:
Post a Comment