Friday, April 27, 2012

Gun Powder and Lead

It is no secret that I am my father's daughter.  It took me a while to own up to it (a girl wants to be her own person), but now I have embraced it!  I know more about cars than most girls, I have a don't mess with me attitude most of the time, and I feel strongly about owning guns.  My dad for two years now has been telling me I needed to get my concealed weapons permit but I kept dragging my feet.  I blame it on lack of funds (I still have issues with this one) and pure laziness.  HOWEVER a couple of months ago I decided to just do it.  My dad was all for it, but my mom was like, "well get the permit, but why do you need a gun?"  She is so tender hearted.   For a while I have been wanting a revolver.  (I realize that they are not ideal for a concealed, but I don't plan on having the gun on my body most of the time, and I like the look of them...Ya I just pulled the girl card!)  Wednesday I went shooting with a good girlfriend of mine and it was SO fun!  I don't remember what the gun is called but it's a pistol of sorts...  I might be converted after all.  After I got done shooting, I went home and there was my permit.  Nice, new, and shiny!

Last night I went riding with Justin and he kept asking me why I wanted to get my permit and have a gun.  I told him everyone has a right to have one for protection.  And I believe every girl should have some form of protection and I choose a gun.  As I was reading the news today I noticed a story in which a concealed permit holder stopped a man from stabbing more people in a parking lot.  This story is just one of millions that show how important it is to let upstanding citizens own and carry guns.

There is my soap box about guns! :D

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=20168568&title=stabbing-suspect-has-long-criminal-history&s_cid=featured-2

No comments:

Post a Comment