I graduated from high school... 5 years ago this Friday. It is funny how when you graduate you feel that the world is in your hands. You feel like you can do anything you put your mind too. For me, my dream was to get married within the first year out of high school, graduate 4 years later in Human Resource Management, be a mom, and live on a farm where my kids would learn to work AND play. Oh how dreams change as time goes on. In the last five years I have changed my major 4 times (and still have not graduated), I am NOT married, and I do not have kids. Over the past five years I have felt that my life has been in this rut that I can't get out of. I was indecisive of what I wanted to do (hence, why I changed my major multiple times) and who I wanted to be. I found this quote on pinterest that sums up my life.
Max was the first thing that just fell into place. I could not have asked for a better horse to start out with, and I could not have asked for a cheaper and more convenient way of having a horse. Everything worked out so great, it was meant to be.
I am proud to say that I finally have direction in my life. Last week I was accepted into the Social Work program at USU. I also signed up to volunteer for CASA which is a advocate group for children, and I went to observe my first court hearing for many families. I am very passionate about helping others in need and I cannot WAIT to get started.
I also decided 7 weeks ago that I wanted to go through the temple. I sat down with my old bishop... like December and talked about going through but he said I had to be 24. So I just told myself that that will give me extra time to know everything I can about the temple and the covenants made so that I wont be surprised or overwhelmed. Our ward boundaries changed and with that, I was put into a new ward with a new bishop. As I was getting my limited temple recommend renewed he asked me about receiving my own endowments. He read from the manual that I didn't have to be a certain age before I could go through so we decided to start working towards the temple. Next week will be my last temple prep class and I have scheduled the temple for June 29th, my dad's birthday. He was tickled to death that I wanted to go through the temple on his birthday. That day is going to be even more special for me and I cannot wait to go through.
Right now I feel that everything is falling into place in my life... well most everything. And this quote describes the last few years. I have not given up on my dreams and I know what I want. I just have to be patient and work hard for righteous hopes and dreams, and everything will come together.


Things sound so good for you right now Alassandra! That is really neat that you are going to go through the temple. Its an excellent opportunity for sure!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you to go through the temple! You'll love it :)
ReplyDelete