Sunday, August 5, 2012

A Little Piece of Heaven on Earth

Wow, it has been a while since I have written anything.  This summer has been crazy busy and we have a had a lot of fun times.  I will update you with that later.  Right now I want to share our Bear Lake trip!  We are crazy!!!

 Last fall Bart and I were talking about Bear Lake and he told me of this road that goes from Beaver Mountain to St. Charles.  I was like WHAT?!?  I had no idea.  So naturally, I had to try it out this summer.  Yesterday Stacy and I started on our adventure.  It was so much fun!!!  I couldn't believe that I had not known of this road and I was practically raised in Bear Lake.  There are a few camping spots up there so next summer for our Willis Seyfried reunion, I think we will be camping there.  The top picture is a view from that road coming into St. Charles.
 This is another picture of coming into St. Charles
 The next thing we did was go to Bloomington Lake.  The road was pretty scary.  We almost died a couple of times, but it was fun.  Here is the first little lake you see.  It is such a fun (easy) hike to Bloomington.
 Here is the next little pond you get too.

And this is Bloomington lake.  This picture doesn't do it justice.  The water is so pretty and clear.  On the left hand side there is a rope swing that people go on.  People jump off of those cliffs right in front.  I remember coming up here with the family and Uncle Gregg would always jump off of them.  It is so beautiful up there.  The drive down from the lake... we almost died... a couple of times.  I don't remember that road being so thin.

After Bloomington Lake, we ate at Bear Cave just on the road to the lake.  My mom used to work there growing up.  She has fun stories about working there.  North Beach was closed so we went to the lake in Garden City by Aunt Bess's house.  After, we packed up and went home.  It was such a fun adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment