Thursday, July 7, 2011

Changing Oil

After riding last night I decided it was time to change the oil in my truck. I take pride in the fact that I can change my own oil and usually I absolutely love doing! After lessons, however, I didn't want to do anything that required me to be outside. (it was blasted hot!) But I will not let someone else do this job. . . you know. . . unless it is a cute boy. . . I might make an exception. I have changed my oil before many times but I have always had a guy there to make sure I am doing it right. Well last night was the first night I decided to do it without the presence of a man. So already tired, kind of sore, and gross from head to foot, I slid under my truck and began the process. Me, being the Seyfried I am, had a few detours along the way. A job that is supposed to take 20 minutes took me two hours. At least one of those hours was not my fault. . . sort of. I couldn't get my old filter off to save my life. Apparently the last time I put it on, I was stronger then I am now. After trying this hand and that hand, this position or this position I got it off! Then I went to put my new one on and I had the wrong filter! So I called Walmart to find out for sure if it was the wrong one or if I wasn't putting it on right. . . Yep wrong filter. So Stacy, who had been keeping me company, went to get the new filter. Finally at 10:30 last night I got my truck put back together and she is running like a champ! It took a lot longer then expected, but I got it done without supervision. I now know exactly what kind of filter to get for the next time. But I am sure I will have other hoops I have to jump threw when the project comes up again. Nothing I can't handle . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment