Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Where in the world is Riggins?!?

Oh Riggins! I sure love that place. There are so many fond memories. We left Thursday and came back Sunday night. Riggins is a little town in the middle of Idaho. It is 3 miles long and has a bar on ever other block. It is right on the edge of the Salmon river. We hit boise Thursday and stayed the night at a nice hotel.
This picture has Carley wanting to strangle the little boys. After 5 hours we were all pretty crazy!






Dallin and Ethan's mug shot with their hot goggles





Dad trying to dunk Ethan in the pool.
This looks creepy. Dallin playing in the water
Ethan dunking dad this time
Girls in the hot tub
It's too EARLY!!!
Ethan slept half on the table last night. . . crazy
Playing with the pillow.
We hiked lots of stairs. We were on the 4th floor. Here are the boys dying at the top of the stairs. Thursday night we didn't know where to eat so we were walking around our hotel. We j-walked and Dallin didn't know that was illegal. We laughed about that the rest of the trip. He kept saying that j-walking was the first illegal thing he did.
Steel Blue
Boise Temple. It was gorgeous and was built out of different stone. It looked awesome.





The Girls
This is Riggins. This picture is taken from our hotel room right on the Salmon. Isn't it beautiful?!?


Swim Time



Mom and Grandma
Dad and his girls
Dallin and Reagan
Ethan and Alex
Cute little Lizzy
Dad took us on this drive up in the mountains. The roads were pretty scary. There was only room for one car. I don't know how we survived. I don't know how he did the way he grew up!





He took us on another drive up to French Creek. Not only were the roads scary but there were a couple of bridges I may have cussed driving over. Salmon river is pretty.


Ethan didn't feel very good and ended up throwing up going back down the hill. But here they are being good sports.

This shack reminded me of the movie Man from Snowy River. It was right next to the river and half way washed out. I don't know why it reminded of that movie but I enjoyed it.
This was the bridge that we almost died on. It looked like a 12 year old built in back in the 1800's. It was just big enough for the van to drive across.
SEE?!?!?!? Death sentence!


Elk Farm
Time Zone bridge from Mountain to Pacific
My dad's house burnt down when he was 14. This was the house he built for his family with a little help from family members. His dad was diagnosed with cancer so he couldn't help much.

Me and Carley
Carley, Lizzy, Me
My dad's old elementary school
Lizzy was happy to have another younger girl to play with.
All the cousins playing in the pool

I don't know why I was standing like that. . . but here we are

Grandpa's Grave
Dad's middle school
Dad's new elementary school
My dad's high school

My dad's first Church house
New Church house
McCall!!! Gorgeous!!! I could live there!



That was our Riggins trip in a nut shell. We loved the memories and time well spent with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment