So I have been begging Bart to let me work the Arena with the tractor for. . . three years. A month ago, he let me roll the Arena and was amazed at my mad skills. I asked him if I could work the arena with the tractor before the snow flies. He kind of laughed and said. . we'll. . . we'll see. Yesterday I got to work and didn't feel very good. I started weeding and thought, oh man. I need to go home. I pulled up to the office and Bart was standing there. He looked a little annoyed so I asked him how he was doing and he said good and winked at me. Now if that isn't an oxymoron I don't know what is! He looks mad but then he winks at me? What does that mean? So he says, how'd you like to ride old red. (that is what we call the red case tractor)


Now this is a similar tractor we get to play with during the Fair. It has air conditioning, a radio that works, an extra seat for whoever wants one, and it is a lot quieter in the cab. Um where do I sign?!? Haha. Funny story. Last year we got this tractor and Bart tells me to come outside the office. I walk outside and it was like the angels singing. Then he turns to me and says, wanna drive it around the track? HECK YA! We got back from *cough* working hard and one of our part time guys was standing outside the office. He is really into big equipment (what man isn't?) and he was hurt that he didn't get to drive it before the secretary. I felt bad he was sad about it, but was so happy I was able to drive it for a lap around the track.
PS. Side Note, we usually get inmates to do a lot of the grunt work here at the fairgrounds. Yesterday we didn't have any because they all moved on with their lives. The whole three years I have worked here, I have never been able to go on break with the guys because someone had to stay with the inmates. Because we didn't have inmates I timidly asked if I could go to break with them. They said ya jump on in! When I went to grab my purse (it's a john deere purse/bag thing... very tough right?) Bart said, "you can't bring your purse if you hang out with the boys during break." I didn't know what to even say, but I stuffed cash in my pocket and that made him happy. Break was fun and I got many funny looks from the cashiers and other people who see the boys on a daily basis. They were all taken back by a girl tagging along with them.
Pretty much yesterday was a good day all around and I have never felt more apart of the Fairgrounds staff. I sure love my job! Oh and after the tractor, my stomach stopped hurting! Amazing how that works!

No comments:
Post a Comment